10-Hole Draw in A

Home / Forums / General Harmonica Discussion / 10-Hole Draw in A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was just figuring out my second harmonica, a Lee Oskar in A, and find that besides the 2 draw being difficult, which I know is normal, drawing on 8-10 is pretty hard. I got 8-9 to sound better eventually, but I find I can’t draw on 10 without using more force. I’m breathing in much harder for it. Is this normal?

UdoUdo
    Participant

Please don’t try to draw bend holes 8-10. They respond to blow bending.
    For me the Lee Oskar worked quite better than the Hohner Special 20 because it responded better to draw and blow bending. Hope it will be the same for you.

Participant

Thank you for responding, Udo, but my question wasn’t about bending. I’m talking about a straight 10 draw. I’m getting nothing unless I breathe in with more force than is needed for other holes. My question to someone is should that be happening?

UdoUdo
    Participant

Sorry for answering a question you didn’t ask.
    I didn’t have the problems you are describing with a new harp. Sometimes when using a harp for a while a reed can get stuck. Then I know it’s time to clean 😉
    If I were you I would contact the dealer.

Mitch GraingerMitch Grainger
    Keymaster

Hi D,

It means the gap on the reed is not ideal, sometimes they come out of the factory like this, and things can rectify themselves after a while.

if you are feeling adventurous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQGUF0u_jc just be very careful.

Mg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.